Is podcasting right for you?
Today is a solo show and it is just 2 full days before my 40th birthday on the day this releases. I know a lot of women hide their age or avoid mentioning it but it is what it is I think if you enjoy celebrations of life then you have to take the age with it. Not to say I'm happy about the 40 it certainly makes you look back and reflect on thinks which can be a bit painful but I'm proud to be 40 and still here and grateful for each day that I get to wake up and try to be better than yesterday.
Anyway enough of that on with the show! If you never want to podcast still listen in there may be an idea or two you can take on board even if you have a blog or YouTube channel
Is Podcasting what's missing?
I love podcasting, I think I always fancied being a radio presenter and now I get to host and produce my own show which is pretty cool. Aside from being something I enjoy it is highly valuable to my business and creates a vast amount of content for me to use. I don't even use it to its full potential yet myself so there is always more you can do with it. This is why I think it might be what's missing from your content catalogue. Podcasting is still small in comparison to blogs and videos with around 1 million podcasts worldwide. The UK host a very small percentage this time last year UK podcasts made up just 6% of all podcast shows. So that means lots of potential. You can also start a podcast with zero outlay!
- Load it to YouTube ~ even if you don't like being on camera you can just have B-roll or a static image showing not everyone is on YouTube to watch things some like to just listen.
- Use software like otter.ai to transcribe your podcast and upload it as a blog post ~ I recommend otter.ai as it's the most accurate at transcribing of the ones I've tried and I've tried a lot. With transcription, it definitely does pay to pay. You can get a set amount of uploads and minutes free with Otter.ai so you can give them a go for free.
- You can create soundbites to share on social media ~ Buzzsprout has the ability to do this on their hosting platform it's quick and easy and you can make multiple soundbites for each episode.
- You can pull quotes from the podcast and put them into social media graphics
- Create a reel about the episode and or a tick tok!
- Make an infographic of the main points covered in the episode
- create a poll on your social about the 2 sides of your podcast eg. for this one I might do one that says are you thinking about starting a podcast yes or no, or listen to this episode and let me know are you intrigued to look into podcasting, yes I want to know more or nope it's not for me.
This is by no means an exhaustive list but hopefully, it will get the wheels turning.
So where to begin with a podcast.
Ready to start your own podcast?
Resources & Links
Connect with Donna in The Wedding Pro Cast UK Facebook Group HERE
On Instagram @donnaspwv
Support the podcast by buy a tea or join our accountability podcast group at the link below